Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Britlyn is.....

GOING TO PRESCHOOL!!! It is blowing my mind that she is even old enough to go, but she is SO excited, and its only for 2 days a week, so it won't be too hard on me I don't think. We took her to her open house tonight, and she LOVED it. She ran up to her teacher and gave her a big hug and kiss, which surprised me, cuz she has only met her 1 time before this and it was like 4 months ago! :) but she is a smart little chica, so apparently she didn't forget her! She is SO excited to go to school and wear her new school shoes :) She even got all dressed up to go tonight, and put on her new shoes, and then was totally bummed after we left because she forgot to show her teacher her new school shoes :) She is super funny! I just love her! She can't get the idea out of her head that she is going to NOT be riding a school bus, which I also find strange, cuz she doesn't like riding in buses, but she tells everyone that she gets to go to school in a bus! I guess we'll have to start calling the Odyssey a bus! She is so smart, I wasn't ever going to put her in a little in-home preschool cuz she probly won't learn much, she is WAY beyond other kids her age, but I am doing it for the social life. She told me yesterday that she wants her friends. I asked her what friends does she want? and she said" Like a Lincoln friend :(" Apparently I am boring, and she needs friends! So we are super excited to branch out and maybe she will meet some new little friends. Maybe a girl?? haha. but by the looks of tonight, she will be the minority! They were all boys. I couldn't believe it. There were a couple little girls, but they looked so Little! Maybe just cuz she is so grown-up for her age, I don't know, but she is such a friendly bug, Im sure she will make friends with them :)

Britlyn has always been the kind of girl to want to be held, sung, and rocked to sleep! Well...I don't know that she will ever grow out of it, and I am OKAY with that :) I used to despise rocking her every night, I felt like I could be doing a million other things ( really I only thought this when she was like 18 months-2 years old). She didn't need to be rocked! But I did it, and I am SO glad i did. Cuz now, here she is, 3 years old, growing up SO fast, and she still loves me to lay by her at night and sing her songs and play with her hair, or scratch her back! And Im going to do it till she kicks me out! I don't care if she is 16 years old, I will do it for her, cuz someday she won't want me there and she will be too cool for mom :) So i'm soaking it up! Kolten on the other hand will NOT fall asleep in my arms, and it is convenient at times, but I miss snuggling him!

Anyway, we have pillow talk ALOT at night, me and my princess, and tonight she was being so silly! She was saying the cutest things to me, all while I lay there and think, where has the time gone? She is so mature for her little age! What kind of young woman will she be? Can I raise her right? She is perfect, so she deserves it! She is BEAUTIFUL, and I get overwhelmed with how happy she makes me, and how I have been so blessed to have her. I wish everyone knew this little girl the way I know her! She amazes me EVERY single day, she is the best big sister, daughter and friend. She is loved by all who come in contact with her, and she is such a social butterfly and I LOVE IT! even though tonight she told her teacher "sometimes i'm kinda shy" :) but not very often! I love this little girl beyond words, and I can not wait (but yet I can) to watch her grow and continue to learn, and I so so hope that I can do my best to help her along the way! She is absolutely AMAZING!! I could go on and on about her, and still not be able to express the love I have for her! She is absolutely my very BEST friend in this world! Gosh I love her...

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Ahh! That is so cute! It's hard to see your first one grow up, but you are doing a great job of raising her. She is so sweet! She will do great in school. Oh and Kaylee had an obsession with busses too, even though she never got to ride one to school! Funny!