I have enjoyed watching this little girl grow and learn! She was, and still is, such a smart girl! She smiled at me at 3 weeks, cut her 1st tooth at 3 months 4 days, sitting up at 5 months, crawling at 6 months, walking at 9 months 3 days, waving and signing at8 & 9 months, said mama, dada, uh-oh and kierra at 9 months, full sentences by 18 months, potty trained at 20 months, big sister at 27 months :)
She now loves to sing, and can sing a TON of songs, swim, be a big sister (sometimes too much) ride bikes, jump, do puzzles, read books, color, ride horses, go to grandma and grandpa's house.
She loves chocoloate, m&m's, reeses, and tootsie rolls are her favorite.
She loves chicken nuggets, noodles, mac and cheese and watermelon.
She hates her hair done more than anything
Is the sweetest little girl and loves to call people her "sweetheart"
She also has the loudest screaming tantrum i have ever seen!
Is one of the MOST motherly little girls I have ever met, and I love it! She loves babies!
Is a total animal lover, but knowing her parents, why wouldn't she be?
Hates to go to bed by herself, wants her mom to lay by her or sit with her, and I used to resent this, but now...I love it! There's never a quiet peaceful time that I just get to snuggle her up, and this is my chance! Someday she won't want me to, so for now, im enjoying it :)
She loves to play in the dirt. I love this about her, but she loves to dress up like a princess! I love that too :)
She's into the stage of asking a million questions
She can comprehend alot more than I think she can, She totally understands the concept of relatives. She went through our whole family on our own and told me how they were related to her and me. for example, Her grandma is my mom, Her aunt abbie is my sister abbie, and so on...totally amazed me
Loves to have her nails painted
Very Independent in most everything she does
Such a polite little person, uses manners to others and on occasion to us, like no thanks, excuse me, yes please..Makes me realize she is catching on to what I'm teaching her even though i don't think so
Such a tiny little thing, weighs about 30 lbs, her wardrobe consists of a range from 12 months-3t in bottoms, but she's definately a 3-4t on top! just like her mommy already :) (bigger on top i mean)
She is definately 3 going on 16 but I love her more than anything in this world, and I always will. i can't even explain to her or probly even explain to myself, how much love i have for her and how I would do anything for her to be happy! I am definately a softy when it comes to her. But I probly will be with all my kids :) She has been such a blessing to our little family, and we love her to death! Absolutely Love Her!
This year for her birthday party she wanted a horsey party so I took her to the store and she got to pick out her decorations and she did My little Pony theme! She played with the pinata and pretended it was her baby for a week, she was so excited to have her birthday, and she talked all the time about her horse cake that Jaymie was going to make her! This little girl knows how to party! She doesn't care who's birthday it is, she loves birthdays! What little kid doesn't? Grandma and Grandmpa Hughes and Aunt Abbie surprised us all with a visit on Friday so they were here for her party and that made it even better for her! She loves family! We went shopping for a couple presents in the morning and then we came home, amazingly she took a nap, and then it was time for her party! The Asay's brought over a big inflatable water slide and it was fun to watch the kids play on it! Britlyn wasn't a HUGE fan, but she went down it once with a little help from dad :) refer to pictures below! The fearless Asay kids loved it though! Austin was so stinking hilarious on it. Love that kid. We had a BBQ and just watched the kids play for a while. Then we got out her pinata. She LOVES pinata's. All the kids got a few turns and then dad tried to help Britlyn break it, but i think we filled it so full that it wasn't going to bust, so Luke had to pull the trap door and he broke it that way! Britlyn went straight for the tootsie rolls (toonsie rolls) she had 2 huge handfuls of them. nothing else! Love her! It was still fun though. She is alot tougher than me. My parents say I would scream at my parties when they did pinata's cuz I didn't like whatever the pinata was, to be broken and ruined! Britlyn doesn't care, she knows whats inside it, so she'll break whatever she has to to get candy :) The we did presents, and of course she got lots again! She loves present time! Thanks to everyone who brought her a gift! Then we went inside and had cake and ice cream! We sang her Happy Birthday and I absolutely love to watch her get spoiled with attention! She was just looking around, smiling at everyone, as we sang to her. Soaking it all in! I love it. I love to see something so simple, make her so happy! As soon as the song was over, she blew out all 3 candles in one breath! She loved it! We cut the cake and of course she ate nothing but the huge strip of fondant! gag, but luckily Jaymie makes her fondant and its alot better than most fondant, but still. Sugar overload. And no, i didnt know she did that till I couldn't find her frosting anywhere on her plate! oh well, its her birthday, she can do what she wants! After everyone was done eating, we got the presents out and we all played with them, and put them together and just hung out! It was such a fun day, and I know she probly won't remember it in a few years, but for now that's all she is talking about, and it makes me happy to know that in her little mind, it was a perfect day :)
If you know me, you will not be surprised that there is a BILLION pictures on this post, but since this is pretty much like journal with pictures, I wanted to have a lot of pictures! I love them...but they're all out of order on here. sorry
This is how she went down, with a little help(push) from dad :)
once again Jaymie made another amazingly cute cake!
Britlyn sitting by her AMAZING horsey cake that my really good friend Jaymie made! She is so amazing at these, you should check out her blog! http://www.sweetbabycakesbyjaym.blogspot.com/
Kolten's turn with Abbie
He apparently wasn't all that thrilled, but he's tough :)
hitting the pinata
Dad trying to help break it.
Austin wasn't scared :)
Lincoln's turn
Taylor's turn
Austin's turn
Logan's turn
Ripping it open
candy
Thanks for the pajama's Abbie
Zhu Zhu pet from Asay cousins! Thanks
Dress ups
more dress ups
My little pony from lincoln! Thanks
Kolten's view of the part :)
Doll high chair and bed from mom and dad
Soaking up all the attention while we sang Happy Birthday to the birthday girl
Blowing out the candles
Austin is such a cute kid, He wanted to join in the dress up fun, and no, we did not force him into these! Love this kid
Her baby toys that she had all lined up :)
Grandma and Grandpa gave her a sand box
She absolutely LOVES It, she has spent many hours in it already and hates it when I make her get out!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the turtle sand box. She wakes up, looks out the back door window, and yells, mom, my turtle is awake! i better go dig in it :) she's always saying funny things that make me laugh!
I am sad that she is growing up so fast, but I love all these new stages and things she is learning to do. I am so blessed to be the mommy of this sweet little girl and I can't wait to share many more birthdays with my "sweet pea" Love you Britlyn


1 comment:
What a fun birthday, cute kids, good company and darling cake. I'm glad it was a good day!
Post a Comment