This last weekend we decided to go to Lake Pleasant with just us 3 and spend some time together! it was SO much fun! We found a nice little camp sight that was just off of the water and it was so nice! Britlyn immediately wanted to go swimming so that's what we did! She loves to swim in the little raft that she has, and she is so good at it. she will actually lean forward a little and kick her legs and she can actually swim around and get places! Its awesome and she loves it! The water was a little cold getting in at first but it felt so good after the first initial entry! After we swam a little while, we went back to camp and set up the tent and the rest of our stuff! She sat in the chair most of the time and ate roll-ups (muffins) and watched the dogs! she was such a good girl there! i couldn't believe it! haha. after we set up she wanted to go swimming again so that's what we did! it was a little colder this time cuz it was getting dark! We had hamburgers and hotdogs to cook but the grill they had was nasty so we just decided to do hot dogs, but once we got there we realized we didn't have anything to make a fire! haha, so luckily they were selling wood and we had a nice older couple camped next to us so they let us borrow a lighter! So we built us a nice little fire and cooked our hot dogs! Britlyn loves the fire! she kept calling it a tire though! but she loved to watch it and after dinner we cooked a few smores and then we sat around the fire and Britlyn sang some lovely songs to us and then she started counting stars! When Britlyn sings its like all the sounds and worries of the world go away, its so sweet and innocent! i love to hear her little voice sing the many many songs that she knows! I love it! We sat there for a while and as I was sitting there looking at the stars, I realized how different our lives will be in about a week! How Daddy will be half way across the world in a place that isn't so peaceful as the place we were at then! Its crazy to think that there we were sitting in the mountains, with frogs croaking and crickets chirping (and a few neighbors talking) and then across the world there is a war going on! It made me sad for Luke! He has the hard part! Sure I have to raise Britlyn by myself and have another one alone and raise them both by myself for 2-3 months till he gets back, but he has to leave everything and everyone! I won't miss anything, he will miss everything! I am still in a somewhat peaceful little world, he won't be! As bad as it hurts and as much as I cry about what Im going to have to go through in the next 7 months, I can not even comprehend what he is going to have to do! I couldn't leave my family for 7 months! Sometimes i start to feel sorry for myself, but i think I have realized that I have it pretty easy! He is the one i need to be feeling sorry for, not myself!
anyway, after i sat there and thought for a while, we decided to put Britlyn to bed! she didn't want to go to bed so after a little bit of a struggle she finally fell asleep! The tent was just too much fun for her! :) the next morning she wanted to go swim first thing, but i made her eat breakfast first! Then we went swimming again and it was cold! i didn't get all the way in till a little later! When we were taking down camp she tripped over a piece of the wood and bit her lip and scraped her knee so after that she wouldn't get in the water anymore, cuz i think it stung it! So she just stood down there and threw rocks! it wasn't sandy at all so she couldn't really play with her sand stuff, it was alot of rocks! but we didn't care! it was still fun! Checkout was at 12 so we had to leave before then! It was so fun to hang out with daddy before he left! We are sure going to miss him! It will definately be different when he gets home and it will be crazy without him! i just hope it goes by fast! And i really just want may 27th to hurry up and come so i can get the goodbyes over with! I am not looking forward to any day that he's gone, but I am REALLY not looking forward to him saying goodbye to Britlyn! We had an awesome time as a family though and I am so glad there is a nice place to go that's not too far away! Britlyn and i will have to go there alot i guess to get us away from an empty house! it was so much fun!

Playing on the beach

Swimming with Dad

Swimming with mom

Eating Dinner!

watching the fire with dad

Sitting with Mom, singing songs and counting stars!

Throwing rocks in the lake

Playing in the tent!

snuggled up in a towel after going swimming!
1 comment:
That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you guys were able to have some good family time.
I'm so sorry Luke has to leave soon. You'll have to let us know where we can mail or email him. Please thank him for us, for the service he gives our country. We are truley blessed to have people like him willing to go to war. He and you will be in our prayers.
My family loves to camp. You'll have to come camping with us this summer. I have never been to lake pleasant before. How far way is it?
Post a Comment