Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day





I got this poem in an Email and I thought it was great! i have read it a few times before but I think its one of those that you can't really read enough of! I hope all the mom's out there have a wonderful mother's day! There is nothing greater than being a mother in my opinion! And happy Mother's Day to those that are soon to be mother's or will be some day and especially to those that act as a mother to my little girl! There are a few out there that she just adores, and loves! Happy Mother's Day to You as well :) I feel so blessed to have the mother I have, she taught me so much about being a good mother and is still a great example to me now! I call her for everything! :) I am so so blessed that in this time of hardships in the world that i am able to stay home with this sweet little girl and be with her and not miss a second of her growing up! I would not trade being able to stay home with her for anything! There isn't enough money in the world that would make me miss out on the life's of my children growing up! I feel that a mother's place is at home with her children (if possible) and I am so greatful that I am able to be here and more greatful that I have a husband that feels the same way and supports it! I am so greatful for the women in my life that have played a role in me becoming the person that i am today! I have wonderful examples on both sides of my parents family as far back as I can remember and then some! :) There is nothing greater than hearing your child say, Mommy I love you! It makes everything else not matter! I am so greatful for the wonderful little family I have and the opportunity to raise lots more children! Without them, i wouldn't be a MOMMY!

Before I was a Mom,

I never tripped over toys

or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not

my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,

I had never been puked on.

Pooped on.

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind

and my thoughts.

I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,

I never held down a screaming child

so doctors could do tests.

Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night

watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,

I never held a sleeping baby

just because I didn't want to put her down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces

when I couldn't stop the hurt.!

I never knew that something so small

could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,

I didn't know the feeling

of having my heart outside my body..

I didn't know how special it could feel

to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond

between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small

could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,

I had never gotten up in the middle of the night

every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth,

the joy,

the love,

the heartache,

the wonderment

or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,

before I was a Mom .

3 comments:

The Maughan's said...

HAPPY MOMS DAY SHIANNE. It so nice to have such wonderful examples around me. It's fun to watch you all do such an amazing job!! The poem was beautiful!

Devin and Chrissy said...

Happy Mom's Day Shi..Sorry its late...Your poem was so cute...Your right its something that you want to read over and over and over again...

Wade Family said...

Hope you had a great Mothers Day. Loved your pictures and Britlyn's dress is so cute! Thanks for sharing that poem, loved it. I agree...being a Mom is the best!