Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of july

This year for the 4th of July we had quite the adventure! To start it off on the 3rd we went to the kiddie parade down main street with the asay cousins! britlyn had a pretty good time. We started out with a bike that the asay's brought up for us but we ended up using a wagon which was just as much fun for her! She had quite a fun time being in the parade! We went all the way to the city park and then there were popsicles there for all the kids!


Then on the 4th we got up and went to the parade! britlyn was so excited to go but she mostly wanted to ride the horses with Grandpa and Abbie, since they were getting them ready out front, its such a temptation when any horse is around! She is seriously obsessed with horses! Its almost dreaded to go around them for me cuz i know that is ALL she will want to do! I have never seen a 2yr old love something so much! Almost more than she likes her mom, which is saying alot! haha but we went to the parade and found a spot and watched the parade! She had a pretty good time but was still pretty bummed she couldn't ride the horses so she wasn't super happy! But decent. She enjoyed picking up the candy. especially the tootsie rolls, she ate those as fast as she got them! :) Her favorite part was of course, the horses, she loved waving to Aunt Abbie as she rode by with her royalty and at Grandpa Hughes as he rode by with his riding club! That of course triggered the tantrum of wanting to ride and not being able to but luckily the parade was over after that so we started walking to the park!
After we started walking a little way she was still kicking and screaming cuz she didnt get to ride the horses, so I told my mom to take her with her to go get the horse trailer. my mom was meeting abbie and grandpa back at the truck to help put the horses up, so i had her take britlyn to get a little ride before they put them up, and I walked all the chairs and things back to the car! Luke called while I was walking back so I sat and talked to him for a few minutes, not in any hurry! Just waiting for Grandma and Britlyn and Abbie and Grandpa to get back so we could go enjoy the festivities at the park! Well i got a phone call that made my heart skip a beat! My mom called me and very slowly and calmly said Shianne, there has been an accident! My heart immediately started racing and i paniced a little, ok alot, and I said what the heck happened! she told me that the horse ran away with abbie and her and Britlyn fell off! i kept asking her if they were ok! but she wouldn't ever say yes! So i knew something was wrong! Finally I said, Tell me what is wrong with her! She told me i should probly hurry over and we should take britlyn to the ER to get stitches in her head! I immediatley started bawling! Here I was sitting there, talking to my husband, with not a worry in the world at the time, and my baby was off somewhere in a super scary situation, being trampled on by a horse! I felt like the worst mother in the world, but knew it was no one's fault! I hurried over to them and my dad had my baby craddled in his arms trying to hold her tight to keep her calm! I couldn't see her face, all i could see was blood EVERYWHERE! All over her hair, face, ears, down her arm and all over her shirt! Yes my heart skipped a few beats again! She wasn't crying though, she was really calm, and my dad told me to stay calm and talk quietly so she would stay calm! He had his hand on her head with a stack of napkins that were soaked with blood and his hands were covered in it! I couldn't believe how much blood I was seeing coming from my babies head! I was probly in just as much shock as she was! He was sitting in the car so i hurried and jumped in and we drove to the ER! when we got in, she noticed i was with them so he handed her to me! I held her so tight, I didn't ever want to let her go! She was talking and crying so that relieved me! I just kept telling myself...its not as bad as it looks! Head wounds tend to bleed way worse than they may seem! Dont panic! I repeated that over and over! I had to keep telling myself to stay calm cuz it was seriously alot of blood! We truly had a miracle that day! the Dr came in and started examing her! They cleaned her head wound first and that didn't feel very good for her, but to everyone's surprise, she had a cut about the size of the width of my finger! The dr said he could probly just glue that and she'd be fine! They were worried about her kidneys cuz she had a MASSIVE bruise on her back, so they made us do a ton of xrays, which ended up being more traumatizing than the actual accident, but everything came back just fine! I have never heard such good news in my life! I immediatley referred back to the thought i kept getting about how she was going to be fine and that head wounds bleed alot worse than they really are! we decided it was probly cut by the little clip bow she had in her hair! She had a HUGE bruise on her back, scrapes on her hand and dirt all over her face and in her hair! That was it! My poor little sister came out with more dirt than i thought any one could ever wear on their clothes! They said she looked like a ghost when she came up off the ground cuz her face was covered in dirt! She had so much dirt on her i couldn't believe it! she ripped her royalty shirt and her crown got smashed to smitherines but the white hat came out fine :) She got stepped on right on the inside of her thigh which left a bruise bigger than i have ever seen! She was so shaken up about what had happened! I can't imagine trying to save yourself but feeling responsible for a 2 yr old as well! She did an amazing job at saving my babies life! I was not there to see the whole accident, but this is what they said happened...My dad and Sister Abbie were riding back to the trailer, they had a bout a block to go so they figured that was close enough to put Britlyn on and give her a ride! So they did! They didn't want to stick her on with grandpa cuz he was on a horse we didn't quite trust yet, and it was a little jumpy, so they put her on with Abbie. She was on THE BEST horse! This horse is the one that every little kid rides, it has NEVER done anything crazy to make anyone scared of it! It is the nicest calmest horse! Its the one everyone rides cuz its just a really good horse, so they didn't even hesitate putting her on there! We've done it a million times! So they rode side by side a little while and were getting ready to cross the road to the other side when all of a sudden Sissy (the horse they were on) jumped with all 4 feet, did a full spin, which made my sister loose her balance cuz she was not expecting it, and it took off running full speed!! She ran across the road which was scary for Abbie! She said, "i just kept telling myself, make it across the road to the dirt! Don't fall off on the road". they made it across the road to a big field of dirt and Abbie knew she wasn't going to be able to stop the horse cuz she had a hold of the reins too high, and she didn't want to let go of Britlyn to fix it with her other hand so she let go of the reins, bear hugged Britlyn and kinda willingly but not willingly fell off! Her foot kinda got stuck in the stirrup from when the horse spun around on her, so when they went to fall off it kinda scooped them under the horse! My dad said he saw them just tumble directly underneath the horse as it was running! It kinda just kept rolling em with its feet and then all of a sudden he saw Britlyn pop out of abbies arms and she stopped rolling! He started running over there as fast as he could cuz he said he could see a puddle of blood by Britlyn's head, but he said while he was running over there Abbie started to get up and run to britlyn cuz she was so worried about her, but he told her to just lay down and someone would come help her! He knew he had to get to britlyn first because of the blood! But she sat straight up and started crying and screaming, so she knew she was sorta ok! it was truly a miracle that day with the all the things that happened regarding the accident! luckily my dad who is a chiropractor was there, there was 2 EMT's that watched the whole thing, about 4 cars drove by at the time, one started to stop traffic, one went and caught the run away horses, about 6 people ran up to the girls, people were giving britlyn shirts and napkins and whatever they could find to keep her stable and comfy! Abbie got up and was walking around cuz she knew she was ok so she came over to britlyn! It was such a scary incident, and i kept replaying everything in my mind about how bad it really could have been! What if Abbie couldn't make it long enough to get across the road, what if Abbie hadn't bear hugged Britlyn and taken the beating so that britlyn wouldn't! I can't imagine being 10 yrs old and trying to do the things she did all in such a small fast amount of time! I truly believe there was someone there helping Abbie protect britlyn! Had she not hovered her in the fall maybe britlyn would have been the one to get stepped on! I can't even imagine the things that could have gone seriously wrong! As bad as they were, we were so greatful for the way it happened! of course we would have like it to not happen, but it happens sometimes, it was no ones fault! It truly gave me a wakeup call about how precious life is and how I could have lost my baby in a matter of seconds! I don't think britlyn quite understood what happened to her, she wanted to get right back on and is till overly obsessed with riding them, so that is good! She will tell you she got bucked off and that the horse ran really really fast, but we're not sure how much of it she really understood! But we are greatful that she doesnt really remember! We definately had a miracle that day, and someone was definately watching over those 2 little girls! Why that horse did that, we have NO IDEA! but we still love the horse and we are so greatful to Abbie and all that she did to protect britlyn! I can't imagine how she must have felt suring the whole thing and after! Needless to say, we did NOT plan on spending our 4th of july like that, but hey, what can you do!


Amazingly enough she was ready for fireworks by the time it got dark! She had so much fun with the sparklers! She wanted to do way more than what we had but we will get some more for the 24th! We even got to sit and watch the city fireworks out on grandma and grandpa's porch, she actually didn't like them! haha, she kept saying, I go inside and I shut the door! ok! :) but she eventually wamed up to them and came outside to watch. then her cousins came down and that made everything better :)


Here is the little cut that bled so profusely and gave us all a bad scare! We actually thought it had scalped her at first before they cleaned it up cuz of the way all the blood matted her hair! Luckily this is all it was! the only scratch on her ENTIRE head and face!

These pictures really do not do this bruise justice! This was taken a few days after she got it so it actually looks way better! but it was huge and swollen for a few days
This arm must have been the one she landed on cuz these are the only scratches she got on her entire body! i just can't believe she came out of it as good as she did
Posted by Picasa
here are a few more pics of her back bruise

8 comments:

The Maughan's said...

Shianne... how scary! Poor Britlyn. I am so glad that she is ok. Give her a hug and kiss from me. We miss you guys! I hope everything is going good in UT.

Devin and Chrissy said...

Shianne..Wow hun that is way scary..I am glad that your sister and your baby are just ok..Britlyn is a tough little thing and so is your sister!! I am super glad everything is ok... I hope your trip other than that has been awesome..

Karalee Ann said...

Oh my GOSH Shianne!! I would have been so scared too! I'm glad that they were both ok and that she is not terrified of them now. Your sister was very brave!!

Jeanerbee said...

How SCARY! I'm so glad that she's OK! I can imagine your panic at seeing all that blood... So, so glad that she and your sister are both ok.

Carly said...

How terrifying! I am glad that Abbie and Britlyn are all okay now. What a scary thing!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing miracle that happened that day. Abby is very smart, it sounded like she knew exactly what to do and did it. What a brave girl. I am so glad they are okay and that Britlin healed up quickly.

Tyler & Laura said...

Holy crap, Shianne! I would have FREAKED OUT!! I'm so glad your sister and little girl are okay!! I'm with you, I totally think they were being protected. Wow, what a scary situation that could have been a whole lot scarier!

Wade Family said...

So scary...I am so glad that Britlyn and your sister are ok. Seriously I can't imagine something like that. Glad your able to get away and spend the holiday with some family...hope you guys are doing ok.